SIGA Heritage Reproduction Stone – Charnwood
Swithland slate roofs are an important feature of historic buildings in the East Midlands. With the closure of the two main pit quarries in the 1800s, an alternative roofing slate that replicates the unique and rustic beauty of the original Swithland natural slate was needed, and has been found in SIGA Heritage’s Charnwood.
Charnwood Reproduction Stone provides a genuine roofing slate alternative that is faithful to the original in terms of colour, texture and performance.
Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete
- 100% through-coloured for colourfastness
- Weathers and cuts like stone
- Saves costs on labour and trusses over second hand roofing stone
- Full design serviceavailable
- 20% lighter than natural roofing stone
- Hand crafted using moulds from original natural stones
- 25 Year Warranty
- Tested to BS EN 492:2004
- Ventilation Slates and Ventilation Ridges available